Is it because you have a history of anxiety in your family? Maybe.
It is because your child’s mind runs wild when she lays down to go to sleep, and she cannot seem to shut off her brain? Maybe.
Is it because your daughter perseverates on details like, “What if I don’t get invited, or I don’t get an A on this project?” and cannot let the thoughts go? Maybe.
While those are all good reasons you might consider a Worry Free Toolkit Workshop for your daughter from Wise Girls Workshops, that is not the primary reason your daughter needs one.
THE #1 REASON YOUR DAUGHTER NEEDS A WORRY FREE TOOLKIT
Everyone deals with worry.
You might be thinking, “What? That’s it?”
And I am saying, “Yup, that’s it!”
You see worry can become apart of our life for a moment in a time or in a way that lingers—-for minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, or even years.
Either way, worry is a normal human emotion. It shows up for everyone at times. Who couldn’t benefit from learning tools to recognize the feeling for what it is, developing tools to help care for yourself, and having some time to practice those skills?
What a gift, right?!
There are some other benefits for developing a Worry Free Toolkit:
- Your daughter will feel more in control of herself when worry takes hold and will know she can care for herself.
- Through the Wise Girls Workshops experience, kids will see they aren’t alone in terms of worrying and see many of their peers have similar fears. This fact provides relief!
- She will stop asking you to reassure her about things over and over and over and over….
- Your daughter can recognize it in others and provide helpful support.
- She will learn how feelings constantly change and while worry might feel big in the moment, we never get stuck in one feeling forever.
This Worry Free Toolkit business is good stuff, right? Developing tools to cope with worry isn’t just for those who have a serious problem with anxiety. We all need tools. We all deal with it. Everyone can benefit.